Click here for Blogger tutorials, premade templates, free blog templates and custom blog designs »

Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

First Dye Project

This project is an inspiration from Marissa Lynch Blog’s New Dress A Day. I religiously followed her blog since the day I discovered her blog through Yahoo. It’s amazing how she can turn an extra large dress into a great dress. And she never failed to impress me.

And now I have file of dresses in my cabinet that I collected for my dress redo projects. Certainly I won’t do it for 365 consecutive days like what she did. Because in the first place I do not know how to use a sewing machine. So sewing it by hand is quiet tedious and will took me a bit longer before finishing my project.

So, for my first project I decided to dye my old dress.

Bought this blouse three years ago.

Old White Dress

 

But the colors turns yellowish. I thought that dying it would help my dress revive its beauty.

Yellowish White Dress

I look for Rit dye in the local market but I guess it’s only available in US. So I decided to use Venus Fast Dye instead. It’s only Php 3.00.

DSC00804

And tadaaaang!!! My dress turns into purple. Yay! Very Timely for the advent season…..Love it! Love it!

DSC00828

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...